Monday, June 6, 2011

Life: learning to ride a bicycle

Hello and welcome to my blog and my first post! Just a bit of intro and then we can get on with it all:)... So basically the last couple weeks I've been thinking about starting another blog, one a bit more along the lines my life and what I've been thinking about etc. It took me a while to just sit down and take the time to get it up and running. In the mean time I was having all these wonderful inspirations on what I could write about and of course the urge hit me when i was working in the greenhouse by myself when I had lots of time to think.


One of those inspirations came when I was out back watering (something that is a never-ending job these days, thanks to the heat). So there I stood in my own little world when a thump and a pathetic little 'OWW' jerked me back to the here and now. I knew immediately what had happened and so I wasn't too worried. Let me explain... You see the other week my youngest sister Ashley (5) decided she wants to learn to ride bike without training wheels. She has had no small number of crashes or near-crashes, so basically that's what happened. The poor dear lost her balance and down she went. But what is really cool is how she just picks herself up and tries again. So that got me thinking about LIFE. There are so many times when I totally blow it and beat myself over the head for messing up once again. But I need to stop that and accept that God doesn't view me that way. I need to pick myself up, dust myself off, and keep going. Beating myself up is allowing Satan to get me down and say that I'm not worth anyone's time because I'm so human. But by being able to see my failures in a realistic view (and not allowing them to get me down), will drive me to my CREATOR. Its ok to be HUMAN! Its ok to mess up, when you're trying to your hardest not to. God sees your heart and knows that you want to please Him to the best of your ability. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and say 'Thanks, God for another reminder that I need You and help me to do better next time.'


Here are a few pictures of Ashley riding her beloved metal horse:)





And my favorite one of them all!:)


She has A LOT of determination and I love that about her (one of the few things I love about her).

Live Strong and Never Give Up!


2 comments:

  1. What a dear little bit of determination she is! She teaches us so much, doesn't she?

    I love what you wrote about getting up and trying again. It's a great comfort to know that God sees our heart's deepest desires and our imperfect attempts to work out said desires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girl, I found your blog. yay! :) Your thoughts about picking up oneself after falling reminded me of our talk the other night. You have a nice writing style and I was inspired again by those thoughts! love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete