Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Week 1: Family Week

My goal of posting once a week has been royally broken and for that I'm sorry. I feel like handing all the normal excuses to you on a silver platter but I don't enjoy when others give me that treatment so I shall refrain. 

Yes, life has been busy. That could possibly describe my life currently. Yes, that was one of the excuses I drummed up - but everyone uses that one and I'd rather not live in the box of what others do. So I'm just telling you. 

I thought perhaps this could be a catch-up sort of post. A post where I would touch briefly on what I've been doing the last couple of weeks. That's what you would expect, right? As you may have gathered from some of the things I said earlier I'd rather not be confined in a box, so I shall do something different. This will be the first of a series on the major things that have been going on, if you put it simply, in my life. 

Family Week: June 15-18
I was very privileged to travel out Tuesday night and spend the night with a dear dormy of mine (SMBI). It was extra special because she was getting married the following Saturday (I'll get to that later) and as I'm sure you can figure out it was our last time together before that major event in her life.

The week (or shall we say 4 days) in pictures:


Games were played...


Human Croquet




There were many cutie petuties around...


The parents preparing themselves to learn of their fate - A banana race.



The competition... Just Kidding!!!:D


The wonderful pancake toss that provided the photographers with many photo ops.




Egg Toss


The results...


Water balloon Volleyball


Children with bubbles = CUTENESS!!!


Much talking was accomplished.


Many games were played



Chorus Time


The water-fight that proved to be a rather WET experience...


There you have it - Family Week. Its officially in the past. I enjoyed myself and got to know some incredibly beautiful and awesome ladies. My talk went very well and it was so good to be able to share my heart with them on guarding their hearts.

Stay tuned... I will hopefully post again in the next day or so to give a rundown of the following weekend spent once again in PA (hopefully being the key word here:D).

Now to head off to bed so I'm bright and sunshiny when the sun greets this side of the earth once again. 
Goodnight one. Goodnight all. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics! Does this mean the pic cd will be in the mail soon?? no pressure or anything like that... ;) It looks like you n deb captured the action well! :)
    competition ey? i know i was trying so hard to take over! you guys just wouldn't let me!!! ..not!
    i was really glad you guys were doing it.. then i could be in the action. :)

    ReplyDelete