Sunday, July 10, 2011

Week 2: Blessings

The week after family week was filled to the brim with activity. Along with working full-time I had the privilege of spending time with several good friends. The first being in the beginning of the week with a lady from church. I went to her place where we sat on her front porch and caught up on each others' lives. It had been something we both wanted to do for a while and we finally got it accomplished!:D Its always so refreshing to find out that someone I've known for all my life is a kindred spirit. Carolyn, thanks so much for the amazing evening!

I also spent a day with a good friend from Bible school, Emily. She's from Colorado and was in visiting her boyfriend in Plain City. So I went out to Columbus and we spent the day together. We hit a thrift store, went to lunch at a very adorable cafe in the middle of the awesomeness of German Village. This is a part of Columbus that I never knew existed until just earlier this year - let me tell you about it. Its basically in the shadow of downtown right across the interstate from downtown. Nearly everything is brick - the houses, streets, walls, and sidewalks. Most houses have such incredibly cute (from what I could see from the sidewalk that is) English style gardens behind them. There's also this bookstore in that part of town that spans a full block (no we didn't venture inside - which I dare say was a good thing). The cafe in itself was totally cool (the one we went to eat at:). Most of their seating is outside under these cool umbrellas. We had sparrows as companions some of the time. The food was tremendous and I hope to be back. The best part of it was sitting there and catching up on each other's lives! We then went to the largest shopping center in Columbus. The crazy man that tried to sell Em some nail jazz, the HUGE bag that we could have BOTH fit in,   and trying on many strange and wonderful sunglasses made for a very memorable time. It was super seeing you again, Em!

Then for the weekend. One of my dormies from SMBI got married and so it was a good old fashioned SMBI hangout! The girls all got a cabin and the guys well, they had a cabin the first night and the second night they had a church lawn (until the town cop came and they had to crawl into their vehicle and spend the rest of the night there).  Here are some pictures from the wedding n' things:)




This would be my dorm from 3rd term and what wonderful dorm it was!!!!:)

Our dorm w/extended dormies and our dear Pappa:D

Yay, I get to see this dear lady this weekend!!!

Yeah never know what will happen when we hang out!


Much laughage is done!

The happy dean couple

Singing Cominando Voy

Oh, yes there was much love in the air!

The guys graciously provided supper for us Saturday night


US = good times!

The HUGE watermelon the guys got for supper


I'm so blessed with many wonderful people that I call my FRIENDS! Thank you for your friendship!

3 comments:

  1. awww... I miss you! Fun weekend! Good pictures. I love the last one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh neat pictures. Makes me miss people. I like your dress you made for the wedding, tis cute! And yes, the day on the town with you was totally rad! :) love ya girl and am so thankful God lead our paths together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your pink dress! The sleeves are darling :)

    ReplyDelete