Wednesday, November 16, 2011

U.n.c.o.m.m.o.n.W.e.e.k.

Its been crazy.

Full of lots of things. 

With a few uncommon (I do hope this is a word. If not I just made it one.) happenings.

#1: I ate some rather juicy words (they were quite filling and chewy - let me tell ya). You see once upon a time I made so rather strong statements on the fact that I would NEVER EVER own a GPS. Yes, you saw right. I've never gotten along with them and a map seemed to like me much better. Maps made me feel adventurous and independent. GPS' made me feel very dependent and I always had this niggling feeling when I was around them that they were not in the least trustworthy. I couldn't figure them out and thought they were SO stupid because I saw people depending on them for their very breath (or so it seemed). Once upon a time when my sister, two of our cousins and myself went on a trip to VA (we were in at least four different communities that particular weekend) without a GPS some woman thought we were so underprivileged to not have one of those crazy things. This only scratches the surface on my former feelings for those beasts. I'm sure you guessed it - I began to feel 'underprivileged' (well maybe not that much). After a particularly frustrating weekend with too many people in too many vehicles with far too few GPS' (when we actually needed them). I decided its time I give in and get myself one and I did. I now have a grudging respect of the little monster. Mapping out a trip is so much more worthwhile for those of you who don't. i DARE you to leave your GPS at home and map a trip sometime and feel the JOY of ACCOMPLISHMENT! :D

#2: This last weekend was a blast traveling by myself! I loved the lack of schedule and the fact that I could go drive around a strange city for the kicks without having to worry about others in the same vehicle ('knowing' that they were wishing that they wouldn't have come with such a crazy person).

#3: I was in Lancaster two weekends in a row. It made me feel like its time to go see some other scenery. No offence to those living there, I do honestly like it out there a whole lot more than some other places I won't mention.

#4: Lesson learned - never drive through a city in the dead of night listening to a creepy book on CD. Believe me that will be the time the GPS decides to take you smack dab, through the middle of the warehouse section of the city. I'm not normally freaked out, but that night I was...

#5: I parallel parked without help and made it into a tight space on the first try!!! In the same city the I mentioned in #4 (it happened to be York, PA). By the time I pulled up my nerves were rather taut and I honestly didn't think I could do it. I must say that after I accomplished this large feat I hopped out of the car, with a smug grin, and feeling like I could overcome the world if I tried (I didn't if you're wondering). For those of you who don't know, I detest parallel parking and avoid it at all costs - this one was unavoidable. 

Tonight, I'm feeling strange. Its a good thing since its a strange brand of cheerful - I'll enjoy it awhile (I probably bought it along with my wood at Home Depot). I wish I'd have someone with me that could enjoy this strangeness with me, because I'm sure we'd do a good deal of laughing. 

#6: Shopping - I went shopping tonight. I enjoyed it! I saw this awesome office chair that I want - its white, leathery, silver arm rests etc. It costs way too much though so I'll need to go with the boringer black models - I guess. 
-I nearly bought myself a treadmill. When that word is mentioned (treadmill), I feel so much healthier and then I want to go eat some good gooey chocolate brownies to work off that healthy feeling. Just kidding (some of it) ;)

#7: My new favorite store is Lowe's. Why? you might ask... Well, I love the feeling of immenseness that the store gives you as soon as you walk in. Makes one want to walk around with mouth hanging open, gauking at everything. They also have great customer service.

May all of you be blessed with a strange sort of cheerfulness!

Toodles to one and all...

P.S. Stay posted for photos from a wedding that I shot recently!

1 comment:

  1. I just read thiss. & totally loved it:).&& made me emily-homesickk. :/ yeah i really miss youu. anywayy and btw youre a gratee writer too:) <3youuuuu!!

    ReplyDelete